CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Drama

When I think of drama, a few things come to mind: reality tv shows, soap operas, love triangles, paternity mysteries, etc. Life throws challenges, large and small, at us every day. Sometimes the by-product of getting through these challenges is emotion, and in various forms. Anger, frustration, sadness, despair, pain, passion, love, bliss, exhilaration - all of which can be summed up as, well, drama I guess. So what do I make of people who say that they're "not into" drama? Does this mean that they're not into the emotional ups and downs of life? Someone important in my life is one of these people. This person and I happen to be in a "down-cycle" at the moment, and every time I try to move toward a resolution, I'm accused of stirring up drama. But if one looks at it that way, isn't a relationship the embodiment of drama? I mean, even in the healthiest relationships, there's bound to be some bumps in the road, some big and some insignificant, but bumps nonetheless. Drama. Emotions. Anger. Frustration. Hostility. Annoyance. Despondency....Love. Joy. Happiness. Contentment. Passion. Devotion. Loyalty. See, I think the good stuff is drama too. If we didn't have all these things that comprise drama, then what would we have? A whole lot of nothing. No love, no passion, none of it. As far as the bad stuff goes, I guess it is what you make of it. Often the things we think of as negative bring us to a positive place. Sometimes the anger and the sadness make way for deeper love and contentment. But if you refuse to work through it and get to the root of it, nothing good can come. Hopefully my love and I will be able to use drama to make our relationship better. And if not, then I'll save my drama for someone who understands!

0 comments: